American Express Careers
Senior Quality Engineer
Do you hate bugs more than an exterminator?
Our Quality Engineers are experts in automation, testing and quality assurance. And they are driven to continuously raise the bar – ensuring that only the highest quality code is released. Because if they don’t, we’ll all be fired. And nobody wants that.
Be part of a family
Our team is like a family – minus the creepy uncle sitting in the corner. You’ll spend your workdays amongst friends. Kind, warm-hearted people who put integrity and teamwork above all else. We have brilliant colleagues who can teach you new things to help your grow your career, and we’re counting on you to teach us, too.
Do you see the details AND the big picture?
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. As a Senior Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
Lead a team of test engineers to build a high performing team, bring consistency to approaches and artifacts, and execute efficiently across initiatives
- Develop Test Strategies, Plans and Execution Artifacts with internal and external partners
- Build and leverage a deep understanding of the products and technology assets being tested to ensure optimal test coverage
- Partner with application architects and environment operations on test infrastructure design
- Create, review and execute test cases at various quality assurance levels: Systems Integration, Partner Integration, Regression, and Performance
- Work with software, infrastructure and QA engineers to deliver target code quality
- Work with Product Owners and Release Train Engineers to review test scenarios, validate test results and maintain documentation
- Design quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement
- Provide guidance to engineering teams including driving improvements in automation and testing in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery(CI/CD) environment
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
So what are the skills we’re looking for?
Let’s be honest – Nobody has every “required” qualification in a job description. But if you’re in the ballpark, and you’re ready to lead a team of passionate QA engineers to world domination in the areas of automation, quality, and awesomeness, hit that APPLY button and let’s party.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, data warehouse testing, web service testing and Java components testing.
- Experienced knowledge of platform delivery methodologies – Agile, including Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Core knowledge of the following tools is required: Selenium, Java Spring framework, Apache Jmeter, orchestrators such as XL Release, Puppet, or Chef
- Working knowledge of test data management needs and tools – Optim, Datafinder, or any other syntactic data generation tools
- Ability to work with a number of Quality scanning tools, be able to baseline and measure on-going quality metrics, and display via Dashboards and to interpret the data to drive the changes needed
- Any of the following test certifications are a plus – QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB
- Strong technical experience working one of more of the following areas: Big Data, Distributed, API development, programming in a number of languages (Shell scripting, Python, Big Data, Hive, Pig, Java, SpringBoot, etc.)
- Experience in Apache Spark, Scala is a big plus
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, ARA, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT or SVN, and service virtualization
- Leadership qualities, professional presence, extremely strong communication skills and ability to influence without direct authority
- General awesomeness
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 7:06:55 AM