Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Manage Treasury activities for Japan market. Role comprises of responsibilities falling under 3 broad categories:
- Supporting daily cash management & funding
- Manage relationship with primary banking partners for DD (Direct-Debit) remittances
- Supporting local business in the capacity of Treasury’s single point of contact
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring banking partners provide sufficient local liquidity at optimal cost to meet funding requirements of the business. This involves maintaining and renewal of credit facilities with over 50 banks.
• Negotiate and maintain optimal bank fees and interest rates.
• Ensure the execution of borrowings and placement of excess funds and fund transfers are completed in timely manner.
• Provide consultancy and analytical support to the Business on any issues/projects involving float, bank fee, bank accounts, transaction banking service and other bank products. Also, supporting business with new product launches and other business expansion initiatives.
• Closely work with JAPA Global Treasury Operation team (based in India) as and when required on issues relating to Japan, including language translation support. Also, evaluate different sources of funding for the Japan market and help develop optimal funding solutions to align with changing business needs and market dynamics.
• Support business on negotiating fees for DD (Direct-Debit) remittances with key banking partners. Constantly evaluating opportunities to streamline DD remittance process, both from cost and timeline perspective
• Ownership of bank accounts opening and closing and issuance of Bank Guarantees
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Degree in either Commerce/Finance/Economics; MBA preferred but not mandatory
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in Treasury/Finance/Banking environment
- Extensive knowledge of Japan Banking Industry and Operations, including Japanese payments systems, FX Capital Markets, Money Markets and Derivative Instruments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and self motivated to complete tasks independently
- Able to withstand pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese (native level) and English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2018, 6:07:16 AM