American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Senior Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise Marketing and Information Capability (EMIC) portfolio focused on delivering the next generation global marketing capabilities. This team is responsible for Global Customer Marketing Personalization products which including batch/real-time analytical, machine learning and modeling solutions leveraging transformational technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Pig & Java. This young team has delivered class leading products with many firsts in the organization including the first Member Rewards (MR) Personalization in the enterprise. Today we support 21+ channels and support content across Card, Merchant & MR offers and are expanding rapidly with a focus on building a single Global Customer Marketing Personalization Product with a focus on driving omni-channel experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized member journey to drive profitable growth for the organization.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. Centric to it is Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, Pig, etc.) to deliver innovative solutions across multiple business units (e.g., EDA, GCP, Loyalty, etc.). So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to –
Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
• Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
• Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices wrt tools, common components, and documentation
• Typically spends 80% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
• Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other Amex systems and platforms within the supported domains
• Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
• Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement - Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
• Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
• Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
This high energy Engineer must have:
• Education- B.Tech/B.E./CSE/MCA
• 10+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in BigData technologies
• Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
• Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
• Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
• Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
• Displays understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques and their application in the Marketing domain will be an added advantage
• Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
• Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
• High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
• Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
• Knack to guide/mentor other junior team members in both technology and domain.
• Strong programming knowledge in Java/Python
• Experience working on any Hadoop distribution, such as Mapr, Cloudera, Hortonworks and have at least coded in Hive, Pig, Java M/R, Spark for 2 years or more, will be an added advantage.
• Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters will be an added advantage
• Strong experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting
• Strong analytical ability
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent team-player with ability to work with global teams.