American Express Careers
Learning and Development Manager
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
- Implement various learning methods
- Design and deliver learning courses, workshops and other trainings
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Help senior leaders develop their team members through career pathing
- Outside Counsel and Third Party Management – contribute to managing outside counsel spend through budget management, and associated processes. Assist and participate with the management of on-boarding law firms, managing submitted invoices and ensuring retainer agreement compliance as well as maintenance of associated technology used to manage our third party relationships.
- Assisting with the management of the Information Security program including the attestation process and identification of risks and gaps, and associated resolution plans. Helping to manage GCO’s standard operating procedures around the measures in place to ensure protection of data with third parties.
- Operational Risk and Control – helping identify processes and associated risks, and implementing and managing controls and tests, working alongside various controls function SME’s including the operational risk and audit team.
- Technology – contributing to the GCO operations technology work stream which includes managing and enhancing our document management system, e-billing and law firm scorecards, enhancing other current technology such as Microsoft Office and participating in exploring new potential technology offerings.
- Skills related to developing educational content and delivering the same is essential
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen
- Project and change management skills that see ideas develop into tangible and executed processes and outcomes, with a focus on execution to timelines
- Positive can do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop and maintain effective colleague partner relationships at all levels of the organization and with third party organizations
- Team player with excellent judgment
- High level of professionalism; handles sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care. This role requires a proactive, self-starter who possesses exceptional multi-tasking and communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience, and the ability to understand and interpret business requirement
- Organizational and project management skills
- Competent in handling multiple tasks in a changing environment with attention to detail, and perform duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking / prioritization abilities
- Strives to gain strong institutional knowledge about department and company processes
- Experience working in a sizeable legal department (or similar corporate environment) is preferred
- Experience working in L&D is preferred with experience developing content for professionals and/or lawyers, and managing delivery of the same.
- Experience successfully managing relationships with all levels of a legal department, law firm and enterprises colleagues
- Project and change management experience is strongly preferred
- Some experience working with technology and software, and exploring efficiency opportunities from technology
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Workplace FlexibilityPotential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 1:05:06 PM