American Express Careers
US Large Market Client Manager
- Serve as payments expert for all corporate payments solutions within portfolio to deliver on the GCP value proposition
- Engage, develop and strongly influence mobilizers across multiple levels within the client’s organization to demonstrate American Express’ differentiated value and achieve profitability objectives
- Attend earnings calls, review annual financial reports, 10-K, and other financial tools to help identify and analyze client growth opportunities
- Interface with various divisions of American Express to develop and implement customized and strategic account plans
- Achieve portfolio growth and retention targets
- Influence and innovate to overcome complex client barriers, resolve escalated issues, and manage internal stakeholders
- Lead development of proposals and pricing for client renewal and expansion, negotiate client contracts, and oversee implementation of solutions
- Use the Challenger Selling Model as a guide to teach clients, problem-solve, and tailor sophisticated commercial card solutions (Corporate Card, Purchasing Card & B2B Solutions)
- Identify portfolio growth opportunities and deliver on plan to achieve, collaborating with internal resources to maximize/expand supplier network and spend growth
- Proactively provide expertise on policies, benchmarking, and recommendations to optimize programs, reduce costs and drive efficiencies for clients
- Identify and develop relationships with decision-makers within client organizations to influence program management and growth.
- Influence & persuasion
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance from clients for a plan or product
- Utilizes innovativeness to overcome complex internal and external client barriers, enabling desired outcomes
- Strategic thinking
- Seeks to understand clients' opinions, positions, and emotions to solve problems and negotiate mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, anticipating and overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Client enablement
- Uses strong client relationships to establish a positive rapport and together brainstorm new ways to meet client objectives
- Teaches clients to resolve non-strategic issues independently using available resources, including self-service tools
- Financial acumen
- Understands clients' operational and financial factors and uses this knowledge to drive Expansions/ incremental CV growth
- Collects, analyzes, and evaluates client and internal metrics, data, and benchmarks to determine actions and solutions
- Consultative approach
- Uses appropriate questions to help clients clarify their needs and gain understanding of how to best deliver value
- Proactively provides expertise on policies, benchmarking, and recommendations to reduce costs and drive efficiencies
- Combines a depth of payment expertise with a consultative approach to build clients’ trust and fuel their success
- Responds to appropriate client issues rapidly and effectively and ensure delivery of prompt and expert service to clients
- Bachelor's in Business or other related field
- Seeking a minimum of 5 years prior strategic relationship management and/or sales experience. Ideal skill set includes the following
- Experience managing growth portfolios consisting of clients with $300M+ annual sales revenue
- Experience providing account servicing and management
- Prior knowledge in the strategic sales process of growing an existing client base
- Sell with integrity, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
- Experience with CRM tools preferred
- Virtual Office Experience preferred
- Master's Degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2018, 10:04:26 AM