American Express Careers
Manager, Program Management & Sustainability
- Manage environmental sustainability programs focused on carbon emissions & building resource management (energy, waste and water).
- Collate information from GREWE stakeholders to submit department’s portion of AXP’s annual Corporate Responsibility Report.
- Manage annual greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory reporting to Director of Corporate CSR & Sustainability.
- Govern the delivery of green building certifications across the portfolio being performed by project teams (LEED, TRUE, WELL, FitWel).
- Contribute feedback on environmental attributes to the GREWE Workplace Design Guidelines.
- Coordinate with Real Estate Strategy to maintain carbon emissions roadmap against GREWE’s long-range real estate plan.
- Identify and present new opportunities to expand existing sustainability program scope to leader and GREWE executive team.
- Update and maintain colleague-facing content on the GREWE Energy & Sustainability Page on AXP’s intranet website.
- Participate in executive committee discussions around developing Sustainable Healthy Workplace program.
- Partner with third-party facilities service providers currently providing Energy & Sustainability support to the GREWE team.
- Manage delivery of various ad hoc reporting, analysis and organizational management requests from DCFM leaders.
- Manage various requests to maintain and enhance DCFM operational risk & compliance-related documentation and processes.
- Manage DCFM user needs for new technology and reporting system capabilities in GREWE’s Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS).
- Draft and write formal communications to colleagues, customers and leadership outlining progress on various projects & programs.
- Support execution of global third-party supplier agreements with DCFM and Global Supply Management.
- Support DCFM Strategic Planning & Standards with capital planning and operational budgeting process.
- Schedule meetings, update organization documents and maintain project timelines on behalf of Director DCFM PMO & Sustainability as necessary.
- Partner with third-party facilities service providers currently within the PMO and Governance & Solution teams to co-own and manage tasks.
- 5 years of experience working with or in the corporate real estate industry, facilities management or design & construction background preferred
- 5 years of experience managing multi-stakeholder projects and programs.
- 5 years of experience managing environmental sustainability projects or programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or Environmental Studies
- Master’s Degree in Sustainability Management preferred
- Green Building Accreditation (LEED AP, WELL AP, LFA) preferred
- Strong applied knowledge of the latest industry trends in corporate sustainability.
- Experience working with technology development teams on user stories and user acceptance testing preferred.
- Experience working with sourcing department on vetting suppliers and developing cost-benefit analyses preferred.
- Experience managing multiple high-profile and multi-stakeholder projects against stated deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Tableau and Microsoft Access and InfoPath preferred.
- Strong willingness to work across global time zones (early morning and late nights) to complete projects or act as DCFM Point of Contact.
- Strong willingness to collaborate and build consensus in an inclusive yet time-efficient manner.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2018, 10:11:51 AM