American Express Careers
Legal Operations Manager
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
- Operational Risk and Control – helping identify processes and associated risks, and implementing and managing controls and tests, working alongside various controls function SME’s including the operational risk and audit team.
- Outside Counsel and Third Party Management – contribute to managing outside counsel spend through budget management, and associated processes. Assisting with the management of the Information Security program including the attestation process and identification of risks and gaps, and associated resolution plans. Helping to manage GCO’s standard operating procedures around the measures in place to ensure protection of data with third parties.
- Technology – contributing to the GCO operations technology work stream which includes managing and enhancing our document management system, e-billing and law firm scorecards, enhancing other current technology such as Microsoft Office and participating in exploring new potential technology offerings.
- TSM – help inform and manage GCO requirements and compliance with TSM policies. Help identify gaps, resolution plans and solutions.
- Knowledge Management – refine and improve knowledge management practices.
- Learning and Development – inform the learning and development program including assisting with scheduling, content development and delivery.
- Real Estate – GCO real estate matters such as assigned seating, equipment requirements and ensuring the GCO arrangements are compliant with global real estate policies.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Positive can do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop and maintain effective colleague partner relationships at all levels of the organization and with third party organizations
- Team player with excellent judgment
- High level of professionalism; handles sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care. This role requires a proactive, self-starter who possesses exceptional multi-tasking and communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience, and the ability to understand and interpret business requirement
- Organizational and project management skills
- Competent in handling multiple tasks in a changing environment with attention to detail, and perform duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking / prioritization abilities
- Strives to gain strong institutional knowledge about department and company processes
- Experience working in a sizeable legal department is preferred
- Experience successfully managing relationships with all levels of a legal department, law firm and enterprises colleagues
- Some experience working with technology and software, and exploring efficiency opportunities from technology
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080 OR 1500 NW 136th Ave, Sunrise, FL 33323
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 1:05:30 PM