American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Implement automation efforts to reduce manual workload and deliver results to customers effectively
- Deliver next generation application security controls in relation to open source components, socializing with application teams to ensure strong adoption and solves technical barriers with tools and processes
- Develop and implement continuous service improvements to Application Security Management program
- Works individually and with teams on both structured and unstructured assignments
- May participate as subject matter expert or lead multiple moderately complex initiatives
Are you up for the challenge?
- Typically holds a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 1-4 years experience in development at scale, including Python, Java, J2EE, and GoLang. Proficiency with Python is required
- Proficient use of open source components and libraries is a must
- Good working knowledge of code versioning tools like Git and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins, Maven, and Gradle
- Knowledge of application security frameworks and standards, like OWASP, NIST, PCI, ISO, COBIT, and understanding of common vulnerabilities, is preferred
- Experience with Linux system administration and basic management is preferred
- Experience with administering and using Docker is a plus
- Superior skill in organizing, managing and interpreting data
- Proven communication skills, the ability present information clearly and concisely to all levels of management both formally and informally
- Requires experience in analyzing large amounts of data, interpreting results, and making recommendations
- Strong communication and experience working across teams to achieve goals
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- In-depth experience with desktop software and office automation tools
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2018, 7:28:30 PM