American Express Careers
Virtual: West Region, Manager-Business Development (Portland, Oregon)
American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
- Drive New Sales from prospective clients, Expansions and Cross-Sales from a pool of existing high-priority clients with annual revenue of $10M-$500M in primary and secondary markets
- Achieve Expansion/ Cross-Sale CV targets
- Execute a transactional sales cycle
- Sell core American Express solutions
- Spend significant time identifying opportunities, ensuring set-up/ card issuing, and managing expansion signings through the first 13 months of BCV
- Sell with integrity and appropriately track prospect data to ensure a coordinated and consistent client experience, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
- Location: Portland, OR
- Demonstrating value
- Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with Amex , highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
- Documents and communicates the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
- Gains a commitment from the client to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections
- Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services
- Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Co-manages a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/ analytics to plan and prioritize activities within large portfolios
- Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule warm account review appointments with clients
- Effectively identifies client needs with Middle Market Client Group input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
- Positions products and services to meet specific client needs and solicits feedback about the value of proposed solutions
- Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 10:49:46 AM