Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Global Commercial Payments (GCP) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast-growing business.
To maintain success, accelerating sales and driving profitable charge volume growth are essential for the organization.
The Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team, within GCP, is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives.
The Analyst – Strategic Planning position within the Global DS&I organization offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization.
The position, reporting to the DS&I Manager, will play a critical role in supporting the development of growth strategies to increase performance and drive execution while working alongside leadership within GCP.
The incumbent will support the development and implementation of analytical tools to drive enhanced business decision-making process with insightful analytics.
He or she will support the development of recommendations and reporting solutions to enable consultative support to the GCP leadership team, particularly the Middle Market team, through strategic analytics to highlight trends, risks and opportunities.
The person will also work on ad hoc projects and analysis for MM Commercial team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Investigate business performance trends and develop actionable insights backed by data and analytics
- Support leadership in driving highly strategic business initiatives
- Partner with Local DS&I teams and MM Account Development teams to drive strong field performance and business growth
- Support development of end-to-end change management initiatives to achieve long term business goals
- Support the identification and implementation of process improvement activities to enhance productivity, increase accuracy and reduce costs through insightful analytics
- Liaise with regions and other business units across the globe to leverage best practices in reporting and metric design to drive business effectiveness.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience within Financial Services industry desirable
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to manage, synthesize and analyze complex data
- Customer Management: Pro-actively anticipate customer needs and deliver on the promise
- Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams and work across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes
- Strong communication skills and ability to drive alignment among customers and key stakeholders
- Self-starter with high level of accountability and ability to solve ambiguous, open-ended business challenges, and willingness to work and excel independently with minimal oversight
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and highly matrixed environment
- Strong work ethic with a will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel - pivot tables, macros, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management tools (i.e. Salesforce.com), as well as experience with programming languages and models (i.e. SAS, SQL, HIVE, Python)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 9:59:45 AM