American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Card Networks
American Express Global Card Network Platform authorizes and processes all of the company’s customer card transactions. The Card Network platform is the critical back bone for all of American Express card transactions, and is a near real time low latency system that is always available and highly resilient, processing transactions from around the world 24x7, 365 days a year.
American Express is making strategic investments in new card network products and platforms to allow the company to meet its ambitious global growth agenda. American Express is looking for strong leaders and engineers to be part of high energy and efficient teams that will build and support our next generation card network systems.
As a Sr. Engineer, you will be a hands-on senior engineer building core features and functions of card transaction systems on distributed systems/platform deployed in hybrid cloud. Senior Engineer in American Express is an individual contributor role reporting to Director of Engineering.
- Card Transaction Engine and Transaction Routing.
- Foundational Capabilities and features on distributed systems
- High Performant code on cloud enabled systems
- You will be responsible for end to end design and build of key features of a distributed transaction engine.
- Build high level design as well as detailed design of subsystems/features with emphasis on performant code.
- Build and code features, working with developers in day to day activities and helping in code and other SDLC tasks.
- Build POCs to validate new concepts and new technologies.
- You will constantly purse and learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions. Be acutely aware of enabling technologies and open-source products to build low latency distributed systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, engage in fun and outcome oriented culture, and always be ready to try new concepts without fear of failure.
- Collaborate with peer technology and development teams across different locations.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You have Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent with at-least 5+ years of work experience.
- Strong implementation experience using languages like C/C++, GoLang or Java. Keen understanding of how JVM optimizes code implementation and effectively use language features to deliver consistent performance.
- Clear understanding of various design patterns, threading and memory models supported by the language/VM.
- Hands on experience in building distributed micro-service systems and experience with Service Mesh products is a plus.
- Have experience in designing and building Cloud native applications. Experience in cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift are a plus.
- Experience in using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems is a plus.
- Awareness of concerns in massively distributed systems. Operate as a full stack engineer.
- Experience working in DevOps model and Scrums teams.
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Create and deliver effective presentations to Senior Leadership.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2018, 4:08:20 PM