American Express Careers
This team is responsible for Global Customer Marketing Personalization products which including batch/real-time analytical, machine learning and modeling solutions leveraging technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Python, Pig & Java. This young team has delivered industry leading products with many firsts in the organization. Today we support 21+ channels (including Web, Mobile, Voice, Email), daily volume of ~11MM transactions a day and support content across Card, Servicing, Merchant & MR offers and are expanding rapidly with a focus on building a Global Customer Marketing Personalization Product with a focus on driving omni-channel experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized member journey to drive profitable growth for the organization.
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of Personalization (ML driven) systems supporting multiple business units across Customer & Prospect marketing.
- Functions as Senior engineer of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices
- Typically spends 70% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with peers, stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other Amex systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement - Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Education- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in Big Data technologies
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software and should have a knack to be updated on latest technology trends in the industry.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Knack to guide/mentor other junior team members in both technology and domain.
- Strong programming knowledge in Java/Python
- Experience working on any Hadoop distribution, such as Mapr, Cloudera, Hortonworks and have at least coded in Hive, Pig, Java M/R, Spark for 2 years or more, will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters will be an added advantage
- Strong experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting
- Understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques (Neural Network, Deep Learning, Supervised & Unsupervised, Regression, Classification) and their application in batch/real-time will be an added advantage
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience in Cloud technologies (Dockerization, etc) , will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team-player with ability to work with global teams
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019, 11:59:58 AM