American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties.
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding Engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past.
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions.
- Uses their Technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within Technology and Business to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate escalation and issue resolution, to facilitate decision making, and to build trust.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years of Technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility.
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
- Experience with product management or strong business analyst experience a plus.
- PMI Agile Certification or Scaled Agile (SAFe) Certification a plus.
- A strong will to win and drive results, with a proven ability to overcome internal and external barriers to achieve results.
- High levels of energy, engagement, and ownership. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
- Ability to travel for short periods, if necessary.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 10:28:24 AM