American Express Careers
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of highly skilled professionals. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology by delivering cutting edge products. This is a great opportunity to join the Information Management, Big Data and Analytics Platform Engineering organization within American Express Technologies and be part of the Big Data transformation journey.
We are looking for a highly energetic, passionate Senior Engineer (full stack) for the Cornerstone (Big Data Platform) Portal. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial team that focuses on enabling real time insights and analytics, stream processing and compute, real time events and triggers, API’s and micro services leveraging transformative technologies to deliver innovative solutions across business units. Team follows SAFe agile methodology and uses latest distributed development technologies to develop and enhance the APIs and systems.
As Senior Software Engineer the successful candidate will play a lead role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
This high energy Engineer must have:
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
- 10+ years of Software Development experience
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
Experience with the following:
- Visualization libraries (e.g., D3.js)
- Server-side components in Java using Spring MVC
- IDEs (Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ)
- Agile tools (Rally, Jira)
- CI/CD tools & frameworks such as Jenkins, XLR, Sonar, Selenium, Cucumber, Chef etc.
- Agile Scrum development methodologies
- Databases like mySQL, Oracle, Couchbase etc
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2018, 1:08:35 PM