American Express Careers
Senior Product Manager – Digital Payments & APIs
The commercial payment industry is dynamic with increasing competition from both established and new disruptive players. Commercial Payments Gateway (CPG) is a Global Product Development function within the GCS (Global Commercial Services) organization, focusing on driving the development of a single distribution and integration platform for all B2B (Business to Business) services. Leveraging AXP platforms as well as industry-leading Fintech capabilities, the team is developing an API catalog offering a suite of payments & value added services, connecting B2B trade, data, and financial services in a single digital environment.
The Digital Payments & APIs Development Manager will be leading design and development of capabilities to enhance our digital API commercial platform that enables our partners and customers globally. The role will be critical in sustaining and accelerating the growth of our B2B business. The manager will collaborate closely with Technology, Customer experience, Servicing and Partnership teams to ensure successful execution of activities that deliver and maintain our service offerings.
- Lead cross-functional teams to design and deliver compelling platform’s capabilities to market with speed and agility.
- Drive capabilities lifecycle from conception to launch; translate business needs and product roadmap into well-defined requirements, process flow diagrams and user interface design; write user stories and acceptance test criteria, overseeing quality assurance and deployment.
- Maintain and prioritize backlog based on customer needs and stakeholders inputs to optimize delivery through iterative releases and defined test & learn approach.
- Continually improve products post-launch, prioritizing bugs and feature requests based on customer satisfaction.
- Experienced product manager with successful track record in shipping products and services within aggressive deadlines, in a fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands.
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools (SCRUM, Rally/Jira); preferably working as product owner as part of a scrum team
- Ability to bridge the gap between technology and business needs by defining a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and identify solution required to address them
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, strong problem solving, analytics and decision making skills.
- Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrix environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility
- Ability to identify opportunities and develop recommendations to influence senior leadership.
- High degree of integrity, comfort with speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form, to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Prior experience with B2B financial services products, including Accounting, Procurement and Payment products – a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Engineering – a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 3:34:12 PM