American Express Careers
Engineer - Python Machine Learning
- Entry level ability in software development, such coding assignments
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Proficient in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Proficient and proven hands on working experiencing in the Python scripting language, at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid).
- Familiarity with Python libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Matplotlib, NLTK.
- Ability to collaborate with designers to convert prototype into working applications that adhere to the design vision.
- Deep understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals.
- Experience in batch, streaming and real-time platforms.
- Experience with DevOps tools, automating engineering and operational tasks.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages, open source tools and products and financial business domain knowledge will be a plus.
- Shown experience in Big Data and Machine Learning technologies such as SQL.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 11:31:32 AM