American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Python Machine Learning
- Hands-on technical projects; Apply analysis based on research and introspection to recommend solutions.
- Design and lead solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across the portfolio.
- Ensure architecture is consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that implementations are aligned with the Technical Platform’s Blueprint specifications.
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
- Contribute to technology direction, develop architecture and influence implementation to gain measurable business improvements.
- Frequently collaborate with other functional teams' leadership and engineers to align and demonstrate solutions.
- Focused effort on delivering enterprise-grade APIs to expose Technical Platform capabilities.
- Apply specialized knowledge of industry standards or practices to assigned initiatives.
- Identify complex and or broad problems and issues and formulate recommendations.
- Interact with business partners to better understand their objectives and help them understand the technical landscape.
- Extend business product innovation through the introduction, adoption and implementation of technology.
- 6+ years of active engineering and/or architecture experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience.
- Successful design, creation and deployment of one or more enterprise-grade technology assets, including integration of cross-platform solutions in an Agile product environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Expertise and proven hands on working experiencing in the Python scripting language, at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Solid knowledge with Python libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Matplotlib, NLTK.
- 2+ years’ experience with leading teams of Python engineers
- Ability to collaborate with designers to convert prototype into working applications that adhere to the design vision
- Deep understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals.
- Experience in batch, streaming and real-time platforms.
- Experience with DevOps tools, automating engineering and operational tasks.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages, open source tools and products and financial business domain knowledge will be a plus.
- Shown experience in Big Data and Machine Learning technologies such as SQL, Hadoop, pySpark, Kafka, Hive, MapReduce as plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 11:22:04 AM