You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
At American Express, Enterprise Platform team was created in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams create solutions on Salesforce platform by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K + Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise.
We are looking for a Salesforce.com Senior Engineer to help lead our Marketing Salesforce team in order to drive our company’s strategic imperatives using the latest and greatest Salesforce products and frameworks.
· A core member of an Agile engineering team driving User story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing and build automation tools
· Driving continuous improvement in platform structure and quality
· Participating in gate reviews and quality control over product deployments
· Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
· Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
· Leading, coaching and mentoring Engineering resources to ensure quality delivery and the adoption of best practice.
Are you up for the challenge?
· 8+ years in Software Development
· 5+ years experience in Cloud Technology and an in-depth understanding of the primary concepts and terminology
· 5+ years working on Salesforce applications (Lightning is a must-have.)
· 5+ years experience using Force.com (Advanced understanding of SFDC Triggers and Controllers, VF page development, sObjects, SOQL etc)
· 3+ year hands-on experience in an Agile development team
· Experience in object oriented development is a must
· Experience with SOAP and REST Web Services and integration using APIs is a must
· Experience with source control, branching strategies and using code repositories a must
· Salesforce certification preferred
· Background in leveraging ETL products and tools (e.g. IBM DataStage, Informatica, etc.) for data management is preferred
· Previous experience of Test Driven development is preferred
· Previous experience in a lead role within a team of engineers
· Advanced understanding of the Salesforce platform and its primary functions.
· Ability to learn new technologies and embrace the challenge learning presents
· A self-starter, comfortable having conversations with business partners
· Robust and current knowledge of web standards, emerging technologies, and trends
· Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
· An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not
pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 8:07:00 AM