American Express Careers
Manager, Commercial Credit Strategy
- Manage multiple workstreams on diverse projects with varying timelines and complexity
- Collaborate with commercial collections organization, commercial product business owners, risk management and capabilities teams to ensure seamless implementation for new products and changes to existing products
- Analyze and review current underwriting, credit, and collections processes, and recommend improvements
- Provide tactical support to design/revise processes in compliance with regulatory requirements, auditor findings, or operational risk event remediation
- Provide strategic support for developing an action plan to be executed in the next economic downturn
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners to deliver on operational metrics, customer experience, and compliance mandates
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, MIS or other related field
- At least 2 years of end-to-end knowledge of commercial underwriting, credit, and collections processes, products and procedures strongly preferred
- Proficiency with SQL or other database tools such as R or other big data tools strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive results for multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Must be an outstanding analytical thinker and problem solver, comfortable working with data and able to resolve complex problems independently
- Experience in the evaluation, analysis and optimization of operational processes
- Proven ability to build collaborative and trusting relationships
- Superior thought leadership
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and lead others in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with senior leaders
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 12:22:52 PM