American Express Careers
Service Desk Analyst
- Provides first level customer servicing for Inbound/Outbound limited complexity calls and emails, e.g. Password Resets. Monitor/analyze network connectivity and provide preliminary details for escalation to more senior Service Desk Analysts on confirmed impacts
- Open and update incident records for Password Resets, Link Status and other issues as skilled or directed. Provides support to senior Service Desk Analysts to drive and/or escalate incident management records for resolution
- Supports the highest possible availability of monitored environments by fully utilizing standard Service Desk tools
- Support team efforts for service restoration bridge activities by providing link status and lists of impacted merchants/partners to senior Service Desk Analysts. Shadows more senior staff on bridge calls
- Strives for and is committed to delighting our customers with every interaction
- Strong team player who is driven to perform in an environment that is fast paced and demanding. Demonstrates initiative, identifies process improvements and completes assigned ad hoc project deliverables
- Meets or exceeds quality measures for phone calls, emails, incident management record handling and shift turnover
- Accountable to customers to resolve their technical issues or capture complete details to escalate to a more senior analyst or second level support team
- Accountable to team for completing assigned tasks and deliverables as agreed upon
- Accountable to team for delivery of quality work
- AAS, vocational, trade school or equivalent in Computer Science and/or Network related studies
- Preferred previous call center, help/service desk experience and able to demonstrate professional and courteous communication skills
- Proven experience as a team player in a fast paced environment
- Preferred experience performing troubleshooting and root cause analysis using input from multiple monitoring tools, databases and customers
- Preferred experience working in multi-departmental organizations – multi-cultural experience a plus
- Experience with business processes or operations around authorizations, submissions & file transfers
- Basic knowledge of information technology application platforms and networking
- Able to provide courteous and professional service when dealing with high profile customers & technical details with a “can do” attitude
- Possesses the ability to follow complex procedures and document technical incidents with clear and concise details
- Preferred experience utilizing common Service Desk tools (search engines, resource libraries) to gather critical information needed to resolve issues and inquires
- Preferred bi-lingual Spanish (written and verbal)
- Possesses the ability to analyze and interpret complex situations with minimal information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Bilingual a plus
- Excellent customer soft skills including: Listening, Self-Control, Positivity, Assertiveness, Conflict Resolution, Empathy, Depersonalization & Taking Responsibility
- Experience with Microsoft products (Office suite, Windows and Email client applications)
- Preferred experience documenting and managing incidents and problems based on defined processes and procedures
- Must have the ability to track multiple work streams, effectively prioritizing based on situational needs
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to comprehend, capture and communicate complex technical details, policies and procedures
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2018, 12:35:15 PM