American Express Careers
FX Junior Corporate Account Manager - Future Needs
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
With over 150 years’ experience in foreign exchange and the backing of a global payments company American Express Foreign Exchange brings the world closer by providing market-leading currency solutions across Corporations, Financial Institutions, and Consumers across the globe.
Anyone can offer a sales solution.
It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
Every member of our Foreign Exchange International Payments Team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours.
Right now we have a fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager. This role sits within the Corporate Account Sales team and will carry responsibility for ensuring effective strategies and behaviours are being deployed to realise annual revenue and retention on a portfolio of existing accounts and team targets on both an individual and team portfolio of Corporate Accounts.
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
With a positive attitude in everything you do and every relationship you build, you’ll also be resilient, driven, a self-starter and inspired by a good challenge. Our industry is constantly moving, so we adapt quickly, always motivated to stay ahead of the game. It’s an exciting environment, but you’ll need the ambition and drive to take hold of every opportunity, and go further as an individual.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities. As an integral part of the team you will:
- Revenue Targets – Manage a portfolio of established SME Clients through sales of products and services which address customers’ business needs by executing a plan to grow Share of Wallet (SOW) FX spend to meet/exceed business targets
- Retention – Retain Client SOW by understanding the competitive landscape and cross-sell products to protect against the threat of competition
- Relationship Building
- Build strong relationships across Senior Level customer contacts in order to retain business and seek expansion opportunities
- Account Management – Responsible for all areas of account management, including understanding clients’ business needs, resolving issues in a timely manner; understand competitor solutions the client is using as well as the clients’ developing needs – being able match customer needs to our product/service range
- Teamwork – Support internal initiatives to meet and exceed business targets
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- Strong analytical skills required to assess portfolio performance
- Good Sales/relationship management experience preferred
- Applicable understanding of FX and economic influences driving the market desirable
- Advanced MS Office Skills including excel
- Excellent Communication Skills and interpersonal skills
- Superior Time & Task Management
- Exceptional Customer Service focus
- Operational /Banking/Back office/SWIFT payment and processing knowledge preferred but not essential
- FX & International Payments experience preferred but not essential.
- Keen interest & desire in forging a career within Financial Services (if newly graduated).
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2018, 11:00:09 AM