American Express Careers
Manager, Core Acquisition Marketing
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a leading issuer and provider of business payment solutions. The UK Core Acquisition team is a leading driver of P&L growth, and this role is responsible for driving incremental business to the franchise through offline marketing Acquisition channels.
This role is responsible for driving lead generation for products across our full commercial suite, and for converting business prospects to new customers. For our Small Business portfolio, we aim to drive high quality leads for our sales teams. For our Corporate portfolio, we focus on lead-gen specific activity to drive interest for our larger customers. This team partners closely with our UK product and sales teams to create our GCS strategy and plans. The team then executes its strategies in partnership with those teams, as well as through a large set of external vendors and agencies along with other marketing and PR functions.
This person will be responsible for developing a holistic strategy across offline ATL media, tele based channels, events, direct marketing etc. They will execute winning offline marketing strategies grounded in data-driven insights through effective targeting and engaging creative. The individual will play a key role partnering across many cross functional internal and external partners and will lead a high performing team. This role reports into the Director of UK Prospect Marketing.
Responsibilities: Manage the team that will do the following:
- Lead generation & nurture: Responsible for lead generation through delivery and management of end to end offline marketing campaigns detailed in UK Marketing plan
- Marketing campaigns: Responsible for end to end campaign execution across channels such as events, direct mail, and telemarketing. Includes creative development; managing artwork creation (in and out of house); and processing data requests; overseeing deployment (in and out of house)
- Content and collateral management: Own UK marketing materials and drive awareness and usage amongst business partners. Includes managing ongoing collateral updates; establishing best in class processes and Customer contact treatments
- Agency management: Brief and manage agency partners to efficiently and effectively drive campaigns. Includes creative agencies; events agencies printers; etc
- Stakeholder management: Work in close collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders, such as Sales and Product to understand requirements and optimise processes
- Reporting: In collaboration with Insights teams, manage reporting dashboards to track and measure campaign performance
- Budget management: Ownership of the vendor payments process and reconciliation of budget allocated
- Key drivers of success
- Execute on plan to drive leads, wins, New Accounts Acquired (NAA), charge volume for GCS
- Track leads from every marketing campaign and work in partnership with sales teams to drive conversion rates through the sales pipeline, ultimately resulting in NAA
- Drive alignment between lead generation team and sales teams to identify risks to plan and growth opportunities
- Deliver reporting and analytics to drive results and investment decisions
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant work experience in high-growth environments; strong preference for marketing acquisition experience
- Proven ability leading and managing innovative and effective marketing programs through offline channels
- A deep understanding of the offline media landscape, and ability to stay ahead of a constantly changing marketplace
- A strong background in creative marketing with proven ability to develop innovative campaigns that resonate with the audience
- A proven strategist with demonstrated ability to drive innovation and change with full collaboration of partners
- Strong followership and relationship skills across multiple cross-functional partners
- Strong analytical skills and ability to sift through significant amounts of complex data to isolate what matters and hone in on opportunity
- An exceptional leader who can get the best out of people (employees, internal and external partners)
- A proven ability to get into the details while staying grounded in the big picture
- University degree or equivalent experience required, MBA a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2018, 7:30:13 AM