American Express Careers
Director Enterprise Command Center Service Delivery
- Execute First touch resolution which includes identification and remediation, either direct or indirect, of issues for the applications and platforms
- Remediate Level 1 technology issues directly through execution of standard operating procedures
- Establish critical metrics and reporting for monitoring and issue identification improvements across the enterprise
- Support midrange and mainframe batch monitoring and remediation activities
- Manage tuning of alerts and situations from monitoring tools
- Build end-to-end capability knowledge of applications and platforms within the team with focus on Customer Journeys
- Participate and assist with service restoration and enthusiastic bridges run by EMIM team
- Provides feedback with regard to the ECC transparency as part of Problem Management post-mortem process
- Support Mission Control efforts of major product launches and critical changes through monitoring and customized presentation layer
- Develop Continuous Service Improvement methodology to reduce/remove repeat occurrence of customer disruption, identify manual processes for refactoring, and identify processes that would benefit from automation/self-healing
- Lead career development and succession management efforts to ensure retention, motivation and engagement of current future colleagues
- Provide end to end leadership for all colleagues and contractors
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Positive relationship skills
- Proven ability of leading an Enterprise Team through a groundbreaking change
- Strong communication and negotiation skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with senior leaders, data consumers and technologies
- Collaborative approach to solving business problems
- Self-motivated individual who is able to combine exceptional problem-resolution and critical thinking skills to build and apply process
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Previous experience with large scale service desk or monitoring services a plus
- Results driven, able to lead and influence and have good work prioritization skills
- Experience in people leadership including coaching, mentoring and conflict management
- Practical experience in doing both written and verbal communication effectively to multiple levels within the organization
- Ability to translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible and practical plans that can be executed
- Experience with Infrastructure and Application monitoring processes and industry standards
- Adaptive Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Executive Presence
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Growth Mindset
- Learning Agility
- Open Communication
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018, 3:16:24 PM