American Express Careers
Full Stack Java Engineer
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This opportunity would suit a software engineer with proven development experience, a passion for modern technology and creative solutions. An ability to challenge and enthusiasm to constantly learn, improve and find new ways of working are key.
The successful applicant will join the Member Get Member (refer a friend) web application development team; a dynamic, talented and creative team of engineers who consistently deliver innovative solutions that drive significant growth through card acquisition. The team operates in a fully agile model and has dedicated, co-located Product Owners.
- Accountability for the delivery of quality code that is fully tested and scalable;
- Work with Product Owners to define requirements for new features and plan increments of work;
- Drive automation and ensure automated test scripts are completed for new features in partnership with QA Engineers;
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's;
- Design and build integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Senior Engineers, Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary;
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and willingness to adopt new technologies;
- Collaborate with engineering teams: find opportunities to educate and learn from other mobile & web engineering teams.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Full Java stack software development experience:
- Minimum Java 7,
- Knowledge of Junit (Mockito or Powermock);
- Demonstrated experience working in a team of Engineers;
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing;
- University’s Degree in computer science, related engineering/science degree or equivalent experience;
- Experience in Agile techniques;
- Good communication skills – able to explain technical concepts to designers, product managers and business partners in ways that are meaningful to them.
Some of the following experience would also be desirable:
- Knowledge of automated build/continuous delivery, experience of Git, Maven and Jenkins;
- Knowledge of Spring frameworks and eco-system; Spring dependency injection and Spring MVC;
- Experience of RESTful API and micro services design;
- Additional front end web development skills such as HTML5, AJAX, CSS;
- Knowledge of XML, BDD (Cucumber), Hibernate, NO-SQL Databases, KAFKA.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018, 9:19:17 AM