American Express Careers
Software Engineer(Automation) for the International Digital Acquisition portfolio
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. International Digital Acquisition is a core business process within American Express Technologies, which is accountable for delivery of online card acquisition journeys supporting the International Consumer Card business. The capabilities within the International Digital Acquisition platform encompass responsively designed web applications, B2B service integrations, and agent-assisted mobile capabilities supporting customer applications for credit/charge card products. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
As a Software Engineer you will be 100% hands on and play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases using automation.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations Plans and defines testing approach, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios
· Develops test plans, testing resource requirements, and overall scheduling of testing activity
· Drives the development automation and testing is a CD/CI environment
· Develops manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements
· Executes test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
· Generates test data to support the requirements and test case for various test phases
· Builds and maintains CI/CD Automation process and execution
· Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software and IT processes for the team
· Monitors and tracks resolution of defects
· Designs, monitors, and analyzes quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
· Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
This high energy Software Engineer must have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
· 3+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on Automation, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
· Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
· Experience with Agile, Agile at scale (SAFe)
· Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
· Experience with internationalization and localization
· A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
· Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 11:37:58 AM