American Express Careers
Financial Services Internal Senior Auditor. 3 years of work experience.
- Assist team leaders, senior/managers, and other senior auditors in accomplishing audit objectives in a team environment
- Participate as a key team member on audit projects
- Understand, identify, evaluate and document key risks and controls.
- Document processes under review
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of audit and proper application of sampling techniques
- Work with managers /team leaders to develop audit test steps and can assume responsibility for key process areas of moderate complexity
- Execute audit tests competently in accordance with policies and procedures, and with moderate/minnimal supervision
- Summarize and communicate results
- Develop recommendations to close identified control gaps
- Proficient use of automated work papers and other department and company tools
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong experience in the banking/financial industry within a public accounting, finance and/or internal audit function. This is a key requirement for the role.
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in accounting or finance relevant field, advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Professional Certification (ACA, ACCA, CIA, CPA, or equivalent preferred)
- Understanding of regulatory, accounting, financial industry guidance and best practices relevant to the business, including technology implications
- Knowledge and experience in control theory and professional auditing practices
- Understanding of business technologies and its impact to control practices
- Effectively integrates business, operational, technological, and financial components in audit work
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions to complex control, financial, or technical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback on a variety of complex issues to executive and line management on control issues and potential solutions to close control gaps
- Effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives
- Ability to travel
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2018, 8:46:23 AM