American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Analyst/ Senior Analyst opportunities in the New York and Phoenix locations within our Credit & Fraud Risk team.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Our direct relationships with millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide -- combined with our leading-edge marketing, analytical, rewards, and servicing capabilities -- enable us to uniquely offer an array of differentiated experiences that enrich lives. American Express was built on service and sustained by innovation – and our vision is to work hard every day to provide the world’s best customer experience.
About Credit and Fraud Risk
Purposeful, ambitious, insatiable, analytical, collaborative and courageous are the hallmarks of our Credit and Fraud Risk team.
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer lifecycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
This team is structured under four core functions:
- Credit Risk Strategy: Monitor credit portfolios and optimize profit-based risk management decisions at all stages of the customer credit lifecycle
- Fraud Risk Strategy: Develop fraud prevention strategies on behalf of our customers
- Decision Science: Build predictive models using AI/Machine Learning for all portfolios and products
- Risk Capabilities: Develop technical solutions and capabilities to manage data and execute credit and fraud risk strategies
Analysts in Credit and Fraud Risk management will be:
- Responsible for providing analytical support to mitigate risk, enable revenue growth, and drive profitability through diverse analytical projects
- Integrating new data sources and capabilities to drive key business decisions
- Expected to develop disciplined monitoring of credit and fraud risk metrics at the portfolio level, as well as across key stages of the customer lifecycle such as underwriting and customer management, and perform root cause analyses of concerning trends to identify performance drivers
- Collaborating with multiple partners including Finance, Technology, and other cross-functional teams across the company. They will work with colleagues to design and implement risk control strategies based on statistical, financial, and economic analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, or statistics from a top tier university with high GPA
- 0-2 years of experience in credit/fraud risk management at a financial institution. More than 2 years of relevant experience for the Senior Analyst role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – must have the ability to compile, analyze, research, and link complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high pressure situations and handle multiple priority assignments simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter
- Proven team skills including the ability to work effectively across geographical boundaries – must have proven collaborative skills, and flexibility to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Willingness to learn and master new systems and processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
- SQL skills or other programming experience (e.g., Hive, SAS, R, Python) preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2019, 5:13:47 PM