American Express Careers
Assistant Manager, Merchant Engagement
• Manage and grow the Small Merchant portfolio together with a dedicated outbound relationship management team based in Kuala Lumpur.
• Resolve suppression, surcharge and cancellation threats.
• Grow the Amex Cards Welcome brand by effectively managing the generic and customised Point of Sale placement process in the marketplace and working with all channels and teams to optimise Return on Investment (ROI). Critical activity to support suppression, surcharge and cancellation threats.
• Manage and execute the Face-to-Face (F2F) Channel segmentation and servicing strategy and improve F2F team’s productivity by training them on the merchant value proposition. Reduce the cost per visit.
• Implement strategies and campaigns to improve merchant satisfaction and deliver Net Promoter Score metrics.
• Support roll out of employee programs to actively engage employees and drive welcome acceptance.
• At least 4 years working experience, preferably in financial institution(s).
• Customer, industry, market and American Express product knowledge
• Strong consultative selling skills including excellent relationship building, time management and presentation skills
• Channel management skills set and experience.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Ability to manage stakeholder across various levels and work effectively in a matrix environment.
• Self-starter and takes ownership of work.
• Detailed and able to manage daily operations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018" .
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2018, 5:45:07 AM