American Express Careers
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected
Works closely with engineering team members to integrate Help Centre with new search engine, machine learning and AI chat capability as well as a new back-end CMS / Big Data reporting environment.
Involved in UX design with our UX specialists, then develop the UI based on the design. Supports pilot activity to continuously improve the product based on feedback.
Using OneAmex framework, if not used before then training will be provided.
Technologies will include; ReactJS, ES6, Redux, Jest, HTML, CSS, ePaaS, APM Tools, Grafana/Splunk.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Degree level or equivalent work experience in field of computing.
- Ideally has ReactJS or OneAmex, but not essential as part of this role will provide the opportunity to upskill.
- Redux or Jest experience is ideal. Adherence to clean code principles.
- Agile experience.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2018, 7:13:31 AM