American Express Careers
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Global Field Enablement (GFE) team within the Global Commercial Services division of American Express is charged with driving field productivity for our 4,000 global field Sales and Account Development employees through field training, communications, and effective go-to-market strategies. We’re seeking a strategic and passionate Instructional Designer to drive exponential growth in our field productivity through the development of best-in-class learning and development programs.
- Follow the project life cycle/ADDIE and adult learning theory to deliver training solutions and plans for the Global New Hire onboarding program and tenured training programs
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to analyze learning needs, recommends learning solutions or instructor-led delivery as appropriate and implements program roll-out
- Design and develop interactive instructional in person, virtual, or on-demand (video, job aid, eLearning) material including learning objectives, simulation scenarios, story boards, detailed facilitator scripts and guides and valid/reliable assessments
- Develop and manage project plans in alignment within timeframes and budget
- Research, recommend, and assist with the implementation of e-learning courses. Acts as an expert resource with the design, delivery and integration of e-learning with Learning Management System (LMS)
- Partner with and manage vendors for the building of outsourced assets (e.g. eLearning, translations)
- Provide logistical support for training to include reserving rooms, compiling reports and tracking, ordering materials and other ad hoc support
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Experience in instructional design concepts and strategies essential, experience with ADDIE a distinct advantage.
- Relationship management and stakeholder influencing skills and ability to work with project team-level members and senior stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, matrixed environment
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2018, 8:16:22 AM