American Express Careers
Sr Marketing Manager
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Sr Marketing Manager to perform in the Global Merchant & Network Services business unit of American Express.
This position will be responsible to provide marketing consulting services to franchisees in Brazil on how to build and position Amex brand, acquire and engage profitable new card members as well as developing differentiated product offers and top of the line products and services to appeal their premium customers. Being critical to develop innovative marketing strategies, both targeting consumers and issuing banks, which directly helped Amex increase market share.
Also, this role position will be responsible for delivering all key financial and growth targets by providing support to develop market/partner specific strategies as well as ensuring the portfolio management with demonstrated success in P&L management, driving growth and maintaining the profitability of globally recognized consumer portfolios.
The Marketing Manager will be part of a dynamic marketing organization and will be responsible for driving Billed Business on the American Express network by delivering end-to-end marketing activities and plans. The role will be focused on building the American Express business in Argentina across bank distribution partners, working hand in hand with both internal American Express stakeholders. It will include executing critical activities to grow the business, this may include brand advertising, new product development, new benefits, new services, building new acquisition channels, enhancing existing acquisition channels, loyalty, activation, rewards, plus merchant and network marketing.
- Strategy - Closely work with Business Development Leaders and the Bank Partners planning all marketing activities.
- Developing and managing detailed activity plans alongside consistent reviews and optimization of activities. This will necessitate the review of the success or otherwise of their marketing activities and communication of the results to the team.
- Has the opportunity to contribute thought leadership on their marketing plans and identify opportunities that will drive aggressive growth in the market.
- Marketing execution - Work with the Bank Partner on development and delivery of marketing activities from segmentation, research, brand development, advertising, PR, new product development, channel expansion, distribution, loyalty, activation, rewards and network / merchant marketing. All marketing initiatives will be delivered on time and on budget, ensuring new cards and Billed Business targets are met.
- Application and generation of best practices will be critical to successful campaigns.
- Acquisition Planning and Execution - Work with Bank Partners to develop a robust plan and successfully implement multiple distribution channels including, amongst others, Direct Mail, Direct Sales, Personal Sales, Telemarketing, Branch Sales, Current Account Bundling and Interactive.
- Ongoing review of channel performance to ensure optimization of plan and campaigns. Continuous channel management must ensure NCA and CIF targets are met and exceeded on monthly basis.
- Engagement/ Loyalty Planning and Execution - Work closely with Bank Partners on the successful set up, implementation, execution and ongoing management of outstanding early engagement and loyalty programs that will ensure we meet and exceed the billings targets for the market.
- Partner Management - Develop strong relationships with partners to get buy in to marketing plans and ensure flawless execution of key plans and strategies.
- Work with Account Managers to ensure American Express achieves all stated growth and market share goals with the overall aim of being the preferred network of choice.
- Fully utilize all internal partners (from their leader to agencies and central marketing) to bring together all the combined resources and expertise of American Express to support ours and our partners’ growth in the markets.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- Degree in Marketing. Desirable MBA.
- Fluent English and Spanish– Spoken and written 100%.
- Strong excel, PowerPoint as well as project plan management knowledge.
- Marketing expertise: deep knowledge of 1-2 different elements of the consumer marketing mix ideally but not essentially online, brand marketing, product development, customer acquisition, rewards or loyalty.
- Requires highly developed commercial acumen and demonstrable skills in driving results by influencing through partner channels.
- Knowledge of and experience in the credit card market would be preferred.
- Partner management: ability to inspire, influence and work with partners. Good relationship management skills are key to this role.
- Driving Results: proven record of driving results Strong analytical skills.
- Flexibility and change management: an ability to embrace and drive change essential.
- Highly motivated, with a good sense of when to seek advice and when to act autonomously and independently.
- Multi-Tasking: ability to manage and drive multiple projects.
- Ability to operate independently and proactively.
- Proven ability to execute multifunctional initiatives within scope and time, and with quality is a MUST.
- Influence: ability to negotiate and reach the results with internal American Express stakeholders.
- Strong Interpersonal/influence management skills with the ability to work across business units, executive levels and diverse functions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2018, 6:35:02 AM