American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
We’re looking for a Senior Java Backend Engineer and a Tech Leader to join a top talent team working on a fast evolving communication platform that is serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Someone who is passionate about shaping the future of commerce, servicing and marketing; Someone who is obsessive about good design and great code; Someone who can find elegant solutions to hard technical and functional challenges and can work well within and across teams with other bright minds such as himself.
- Serve as a member of an agile development team that drives user story analysis and elaboration
- Designs and develops software solutions
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal teams
- Participate in code reviews, ad-hoc pair programming; contribute to iterative improvement of tools, automation and practices used by team
- Mentor team members
- 5+ Years of experience, Java, J2EE - Backend
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with security principles, SSL, Cryptography
- Experience building and supporting distributed highly available systems
- REST API design and implementation
- Database - Couchbase
- SOA, Micro-Services
- Reactive - Vertx, RxJava
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Good communication skills
- High energy and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Interest in new technologies and tools, industry best practices
- Passion for shipping quality software fast and frequently
- Attention to detail
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2018, 2:45:41 PM