American Express Careers
Campus Graduate – 2019 Manager Digital Product Analytics Summer Internship – Enterprise Digital & Analytics
American Express Campus Graduate – 2019 Manager Digital Product Analytics Summer Internship – Enterprise Digital & Analytics
Become part of the digital transformation and help revolutionize the financial services industry.
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations, and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Digital Product intern, you have the opportunity to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as we create digital products to meet the customers of tomorrow.
Digital New Cardmember acquisition & servicing account for some of the largest investments in the Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG). The Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) team within GCSG is a dynamic environment of digital product and analytics professionals that drive significant value for American Express through innovative solutions.
The Manager Digital Products Analytics role provides a fantastic opportunity to strengthen American Express’ Digital capabilities through data. The Sr. Manager, Enterprise Digital Application and Platform Analytics team will develop and lead one Analyst to support improvements in Digital Platform analytics, Acquisition and New Account approval efficiency for American Express’ global businesses. S/he will drive business results through a metrics driven view of the digital platform performance, digital identity services, and various other platform services. S/he will identify how & where customers on our website are facing usability challenges caused by platform performance. Where necessary, the incumbent will support test & learn around application journeys and early engagement experiences as well as strategic analytics to enhance New Accounts decisioning. This will in turn enhance the growth of acquisition volumes, billings & lending receivables across the enterprise.
- Design Experiments (A/B Testing) and track results, to elaborate recommendations to optimize Digital Application Experiences
- Perform advanced Customer behavior analysis to uncover Digital Application Experiences testing opportunities
- Hands-on involvement in strategic analytics
- Create & maintain necessary reporting
- Partner across Application Experience Digital Product teams to drive relevant test and learn campaigns
- Lead one Analyst with skills in Digital Marketing analytics, Test & Learn or Hypothesis testing & new accounts platform analytics.
- Strong quantitative background & analytical abilities necessary, particularly in Design of Experiments, complex statistical analysis and Customer behavioral analytics. Experience in Digital Marketing analytics is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Analytics packages is required. This includes advanced SAS/SQL, Big Data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Python) and/or Digital Analytics tools (Adobe)
- Experience managing people
- Ability to establish robust and productive relationships with internal customers, such as Product Owners.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of credit card business, AXP networks, platforms, and procedures
- Strong self-starter
- Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel, PowerPoint)
- Formal People Leadership experience is a plus
- Currently enrolled in full-time masters or PhD program with Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related analytical fields desired
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Learn more about our Digital groups at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Our team will
review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience
while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2018, 12:54:09 PM