American Express Careers
Engineering Director - IMDP
The Digital Payments engineering organization is looking for an engineering leader to work on payments capabilities that are used by our card holders, merchants, and developer’s community. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile environment within a Fortune 100 company. Your primary responsibilities will be to lead a team of engineers & work with product owners in envisioning, developing, and evolving digital payment products.
- Bring a high level of enthusiasm, can-do attitude, and the ability to organize and navigate with groups with disparate objectives.
- Be a strategic thinker with hands-on profile, with ability to apply payments expertise to real life situations and be able to easily communicate with different levels of the organization.
- Be a mentor for engineering and management needs of the team.
- Have exposure and proven implementation experience in modern software technology, architecture, building for devops, automation patterns, and strong interest in technology industry and market trends that affect us.
- Have broad payments industry exposure and experience across payment form factors, payment network schemes, fintech capabilities, tokenization, fast payments, and awareness of identity, data protection, risk, and fraud capabilities.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in high-performing distributed, scalable, resilient, and data intensive technologies.
- 10 or more years of progressive technical experience in broad range of software languages and technologies.
- Expertise with java, microservice frameworks, geo-distributed databases, nosql, messaging, and cloud-native technologies.
- Secondary expertise with Node, React JS, and mobile-native app development.
- Industry standards related to Global Payments, EMV, Open Banking, W3C Payments, and Identity tokens.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2018, 10:55:39 AM