American Express Careers
Manager, International Consumer Credit Operations - Netherlands
The vision of American Express is to be the world’s most respected service brand. The Global Servicing Network (GSN) represents a global network of Operations team designed to deliver our vision. Within GSN, the Global Credit & Fraud Network (GCFN) is responsible for the end-to-end management of our credit, collections, fraud and new account operations around the world. GCFN aims to strike the right balance between helping Card Members in need through a range of repayment options, and taking actions to recover balances and limit exposure for American Express. GCFN's talented teams around the world work to reduce credit losses, prevent fraud and enable spend.
The International Consumer Credit Operations team (ICCO) is part of GCFN. This team delivers superior service around the world as they recover delinquent balances and limit AXP’s exposure to losses. Spread across 20 markets, the teams service Card Members in more than a dozen languages. This position sits within the ICCO Europe team, leading our teams based in Amsterdam. The role also involves serving as Head of Global Credit & Fraud Network for Netherlands, representing all GCFN teams including Commercial Credit, Fraud & New Accounts in market senior leader forums.
This position is accountable for effectively managing the key credit & collections effectiveness, production and servicing indicators of ICCO with a flawless execution of GCFN and Risk Management policies and procedures.
The incumbent is in charge of executing on strategies to maximize collections effectiveness, profitable spend enablement and production efficiencies, while developing an effective capacity plan to support business growth. The role is responsible for developing and engaging high performing teams and managing key relationships in the region (Risk, Compliance, GNICS, GSN etc.)
Success in the role is measured by contribution to Collections Effectiveness goals (e.g. Forward Roll Rates, Total Due Collected, Analyst Collection Metric - ACM), on target delivery of Operational Excellence metrics (e.g. Right Party Contacts, Dialer Intensity & Penetration, Customer Handling Time etc.), Voice of the Customer survey results, Abandon Rate, contribution to Operating Expense targets and various measures of Employee Engagement.
- Drive collections effectiveness plus profitable spend enablement for all pre-cancellation Credit activities for Consumer cards in the market. This position would also be the relationship lead for our business partners accountable for Consumer products in The Netherlands. Accountable to achieve operational performance standards and unit cost targets, in accordance with Risk Management and financial policies, and control and compliance requirements
- Lead, coach and develop Team Leaders and Credit Operations Team Members
- Partner with Risk Management and leaders of the other functions within GSN to profitably control Credit Losses
- Implement the agreed capacity plan to select, hire and train resources to meet Service Levels and plan for future growth
- Ensure appropriate operational controls are in place and maintained on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that daily volumes are worked in a timely manner, in compliance with risk management and financial policies, supporting credit operational processes
- Drive employee satisfaction and motivation
- Collaborate with Risk Management, Governance and other GSN teams to improve Customer Satisfaction metrics
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven leadership experience of large, complex teams within an Operations environment
- Expert knowledge of the consumer credit and collections industry as it relates to the credit card business including a good understanding of European market laws and their impact on the credit card industry (preferred)
- Exceptional planning & execution skills with experience from working in an operational environment where the processes are complex and numerous
- Resilient operational planner with experience in understanding business processes and customer needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategy, project management, financial/business operations, and cost management
- Attention to detail and focus on operational excellence
- Ability to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions based on strong operational and financial acumen
- Knowledge of the company planning and results measurement process.
- Proven ability to influence and succeed in matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence business partners to achieve the best company solution
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with a track record of driving results
- Be a team player with the ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines in a demanding environment
- Advanced fluency in Dutch language and business-level fluency in English required
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2018, 3:32:28 AM