American Express Careers
Software Engineering Internship - Enterprise Cloud Platform
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to tackle their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and teamwork, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to pursue a new career, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express
Don’t make a difference without it
Don’t live life without it
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will gain hands-on experience and learn to lead and drive the implementation of the next generation of Platform-as-a-Service for American Express. You will be working closely with our Software Engineers, Business partners and Systems Engineers and have an opportunity to work with multitude of tools and technologies.
In this role, you will gain experience in building a scalable, secure, highly available infrastructure and platform-as-a-service (PaaS/IaaS) by gaining hands on learning experience using a variety of technologies such as OpenStack and OpenShift along with gaining exposure to open source projects such as Openshift, Kubernetes, Google Go, Docker and Vagrant, Hadoop 2.0, Spark, Storm.
You will work with a variety of programming languages such as Java, Node.js and Go (Golang) to enable mobile payment, web application and analytic developments. You will work with best Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools to automate integration of Continuous Delivery with IaaS/PaaS
Furthermore, you will contribute to help build developer and DevOps friendly tools that allow monitoring, diagnosing and debugging of the platform services and its hosted applications and you will also contribute to the design and implementation of a continuous platform delivery release model which enables high availability of services during platform releases and upgrades.
Internship Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
· Learn to own technical aspects of software development
· Learn to perform hands-on architecture, design and development of systems
· Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
· Write code and unit tests, work on API specs, automation, and learn to conduct code reviews and testing
· Learn and identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
· Learn and provide continuous support for ongoing application availability
· Work closely with product owners on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
· Work with product owners to learn how to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Are you up for the challenge?
· Must be enrolled in a full-time degree program, preferably sr. year
· Pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
· Exposure to software development in Java, Python, Go, Node.js is preferred
· Exposure to Linux, and Open Source projects is preferred
· Exposure to Container & Orchestration Technologies such as Docker, rkt, CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Openshift etc. is preferred
· Ability to learn to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and learn to articulate solutions
· Willingness to learn new technologies and learn to exploit them to their optimal potential
At the end of the internship, you will likely be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
· Agile Practices
· Porting/Software Configuration
· Programming Languages and Frameworks
· Business Analysis
· Analytical Thinking
· Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2018, 10:11:41 PM