American Express Careers
Engineer - IMDP
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. International Digital Acquisition is a core business process within American Express Technologies, which is accountable for delivery of online card acquisition journeys supporting the International Consumer Card business. The capabilities within the International Digital Acquisition platform encompass responsively designed web applications, B2B service integrations, and agent-assisted mobile capabilities supporting customer applications for credit/charge card products. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a Software Engineer the successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Entry level ability in software development
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the development, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
- Accountable to team for completing work you’re leading and deliverables as agreed upon
- Accountable to team for delivery of quality work
- Participate in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security
- Plan, define, and execute manual and automated test cases, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios
- Build and maintain CI/CD Automation process and execution
- Look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- This high energy Software Engineer must have:
- Up to 2 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Understanding of Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Exposure to design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Exposure to methods relating to application design, software development, and automated testing
- General knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Understanding of object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required
- Learns and applies new technologies and techniques
- Demonstrates good analytical skills
- Recognizes the importance of collaboration to achieve objectives
- Clearly communicates ideas and concepts to others
- Manages assigned tasks effectively; acts on own initiative without being prompted
- Able to understand and use data structures and associated components
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents application components
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues' work
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided
- Has understanding of the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, crafting, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Familiar with infrastructure technologies and components
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Agile, Agile at scale (SAFe), other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
- Experience in Objected Oriented Analysis and Design across a variety of platforms
- Experience in creating and integrating with SOAP and REST based Web Services.
- Experience in Java, JEE, Cucumber, Selenium, WebDriver IO.
- Experience with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SOAP UI)
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Experience with internationalization and localization
- Experience with Native / Hybrid app development.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and acquisition technologies
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018, 4:14:20 PM