American Express Careers
Customer Care Professional – CEN
Do you have the passion to deliver world class customer experiences every day?
American Express require Customer Care Professionals in our Brussels office.
As we are growing, there are several open positions for motivated candidates.
Since its foundation, American Express has developed a history of transformation through its ability to innovate, disrupt and evolve. This has been underpinned by our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to our Company ‘Blue Box’ Values:
- We deliver for our Customers.
- We make it great.
- We do what’s right.
- We respect people.
- We need different views.
- We win as a team.
- We care about communities.
We have an open, creative, and collaborative culture which is why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at American Express.
Our mission is to deliver a world class customer experience every day. We are advocates for our customers, designing creative solutions to meet their needs, and aiming to make a meaningful difference in their lives. As a Customer Care Professional, you will be a part of one of the teams which develops lasting relationships with our Card Members.
The tasks depend of the role but here are just some examples of what you'll do:
- Deliver extraordinary care on inbound and outbound calls to a wide range of American Express customers with a variety of requests.
- Help propel your team to success.
- Build meaningful relationships through consultative questioning to ensure added value for the customer.
- Offer custom solutions and negotiate a positive outcome for the customer and American Express, aiming for first call resolution when possible.
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets.
- Re-prioritize to adapt to the ever changing environment.
- Work in a flexible work environment.
- Update systems accurately and efficiently.
- Process administrative tasks for pending applications.
- Suggest new ways to improve processes and customer care.
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer questions and issues over the phone.
- Specific for our call center: only inbound calls & ability to work in shifts.
In return, as a talented and capable professional we will:
- Offer opportunities for your professional growth and advancement.
- Provide recognition and reward when you drive and deliver exceptional results.
- Respect and value you for your diversity, integrity, and teamwork.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong verbal communication skills in French, Dutch and English.
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations.
- Display a passion to serve by delivering extraordinary service in every interaction with our customers.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment as well as multitask and re-prioritise on a regular basis.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills. Highly resourceful.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Team player who demonstrates self-motivation & ability to work under pressure and unsupervised.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook,…).
- Pro-actively seeks opportunities for improvement and streamline processes.
- Building & leveraging relationships internally and externally.
- Cross Functional skills within the team.
- Highly self-motivated, results-oriented and positive.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2018, 9:20:40 AM