American Express Careers
Manager Enterprise Data Management - Metadata Management
The position Manager Enterprise Data Management - Metadata Management will be a part of the Enterprise Data Management Team within EDA. The Enterprise Data Management Team defines and implements the Enterprise Data Governance Policies, establishes common processes to ensure
and enable the use of high quality trusted data. Is responsible for the management of data within the Enterprise Data Lake.
The Manager Enterprise Data Management - Metadata Management role will focus on the definition, strategy and implementation of an Enterprise Metadata Management program. Deliverables will include: an Enterprise Metadata Management Strategy , Enterprise Business Glossary, Technical Metadata, Linking Business Glossary with technical metadata as well as centralized Metadata tools and processes. The Manager role will assist in defining the strategy, roadmap, training and drive the implementation of the program. The Manager will work with the Data Governance Council and stakeholders to define the scope based on business priorities.
- Act as an advocate for the consistent and automated management of metadata
- Provide knowledge and expertise to influence a broader data management culture across the Enterprise
- Define and implement an end to end metadata strategy across the data lifecycle, including all types of Metadata: technical, business, operational, etc
- Define and implement Metadata quality processes and controls to ensure and improve the quality of metadata
- Work with data consumers and other stakeholders to understand pain-points related to finding and using data, ensure the metadata strategy improves the user experience and allows data consumers to find and use data efficiently and responsibly
- Define and gain council approval to enable consistent, enterprise metadata management across prioritized critical data assets
- Establish, manage and track an Enterprise Metadata Management 3yr roadmap
- Establish and manage Metadata data quality metrics and processes, working with Data Stewards to ensure the management of Metadata.
- Identify and manage initiatives to improve Metadata capture/quality
- Act as the Enterprise Data Lake Metadata ‘data owner’ – working with Data Stewards and Custodians to identify and improve the quality of the metadata allowing end users to find and use data responsibly
- 3+ years’ experience preferably in the financial services, banking industry or other similar types of companies
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Data Management, Data Governance, Metadata Management or Master Data Management
- 2+ year experience working with or establishing a Metadata framework, Metadata Program including consistent metadata management processes and quality controls
- Hands on knowledge and implementation experience on metadata practices such as data lineage, data dictionaries, business glossary, metadata quality controls
- Preferred – knowledge of Metadata Industry Tools and the implementation of tools within a large company
- Must have excellent people and stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Proficient in creating strong presentations to help deliver and drive a strong message
- Must have strong project management and prioritization skills, and have a delivery focused mindset
- Must be Customer focused, be an independent thinker and be self-motivated
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and relationship skills
- Must have experience working in a cross functional teams; with members across geographic locations is desired
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018, 7:11:33 AM