American Express Careers
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
This organization is responsible for the delivery of ground breaking digital partnerships leveraging cutting-edge technology, and enable incredible digital experiences for American Express Card Members.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join an organization leading Digital Transformation within American Express. This organization is responsible for the delivery of ground breaking digital partnerships leveraging cutting-edge technology, and enable incredible digital experiences for American Express Card Members.
- A technically strong hands-on expert Software Engineer to lead development efforts for websites built on the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) CMS Platform
- Experience in developing and leading projects on the AEM platform
- Serving as a Senior member of an agile team and own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending about 50% of time writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Driving consistent development practices, tools and common components
- Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
- Commitment to software practices of continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven implementing experience using AEM
- Hands on experience developing
- Custom components
- OSGi services
- Knowledge of REST services required
- Experience and understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Experience in open source frameworks a plus
- Basic working knowledge of protocols (http(s), tcp/ip and ssh)
- Ability to stay in touch with industry standards and current technologies
- Hands on experience in the full stack software development a plus
- Commitment to software practices of Continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2018, 2:57:41 AM