American Express Careers
Global Financial Crimes Compliance Manager
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This position is based in Brighton, and will be focused on all aspects of program management for the Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) Risk Management Office (RMO). The GFCC RMO is responsible for risk assessment methodologies and data assessments regarding Money Laundering, OFAC, and Anti-Corruption. This position is responsible for providing GFCC RMO support and coordination to Compliance contacts with regards to production of GFCC risk assessment reports. The position will also have a focus on communication regarding Methodology changes, Risk Assessment platform enhancements and user on-boarding and/or training.
This position will work globally, with various teams across American Express, including Compliance, American Express Technologies, product teams, line of business representatives, and CADENCE users, among others. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the key GFCC RMO contact for GFCC RMO assessments across the company for all lines of business.
- Take the product owner role for one segment of the CADENCE application.
- Partner with Compliance, business groups, including product owners, technology teams and lines of business for new product on-boarding.
- Coordinating communication for GFCC methodologies and CADENCE platform changes or enhancements, such as platform outages and system impacts.
- Ensuring GFCC fundamental assessments, such as product and geography risk, are maintained and documented.
- Serve as a GFCC RMO point of contact for related audit and regulatory examination requests.
- Support analyzing large sets of complex data and conducting root cause analysis, assisting with CADENCE cross-reference table updates and maintenance.
- Consult with CADENCE users to conduct training, analyze problems and direct to proper channels for issue resolutions.
- Support leadership in defining the strategy for methodology, system or process enhancements or changes.
- Identify and escalate issues to leadership as appropriate.
The GFCC RMO seeks a deadline-driven high performer with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment. The successful candidate must be comfortable working with partners, including senior leadership and business leaders, across all lines of business and American Express locations.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Opening date: 01/11/2018
Closing date: 28/11/2018
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Compliance experience, understanding of Global AML regulatory requirements
- Solid experience in Risk Assessment Methodologies and execution of an AML Risk Assessment
- Experience working in a global, matrix organization with the ability to effectively partner with senior leadership, up to c-suite level
- Technical background, proven solid DB2 SQL experience
- Proven experience in acting as a Safe Agile Product Owner
- Very high proficiency in Excel
- High degree of analytical skills and excellent problem solving skills
- Effective communication and strong writing skills
- Demonstrated expertise in detailed documentation
- Self-motivated, with an ability to learn quickly and independently
- Proven ability to effectively interface across all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with Credit Card and other financial products.
- Ability to simultaneously manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively
- Experience managing workflows using SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience with PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2018, 6:54:21 AM