American Express Careers
Software Engineer - Java
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
• Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools
• Owning all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
• Performing hands-on software development, typically spending about 50% of time writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
• Driving consistent development practices - tools and common components
• Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
• Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
• Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Mentoring other engineers
• Experience with design and development in an Enterprise setting using Java, J2EE
• Experience with node, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Relation DBMSs such as Oracle
• RESTful API development experience
• Experience with continuous integration/deployment (Jenkins, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter).
• Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
• Thorough understanding of XML,SOAP, JSON, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
• Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
• Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
• Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus
• Understanding and experience with designing High Availability application is a must
• Experience with test automation, DevOps and Test Driven Development is a plus
At the core of Software Engineering:
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
Agile Practices, Porting/Software Configuration, Programming Languages and Frameworks, Business Analysis, Analytical Thinking, Business Product Knowledge.
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2018, 11:10:56 PM