American Express Careers
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team. The Integration Engineer will own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications of Amex integration ecosystem. As our integration marketplace continues to grow, we’re looking for a driven engineer to help execute on new opportunities and maintain the success of our existing ecosystem.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
Build and expand American Express’s integrations ecosystem leveraging Node.Js, AWS, Google Cloud, and other open source technologies (e.g. Docker, Swarm, Elasticsearch, Rabbit MQ, and Java Microservices)
- Be familiar with the capabilities of our partners APIs and adapt them to the defined data-flows for each integration category
- Ensure that integration configuration and implementation is flawless and follows Amex’s UX guidelines
- Document/build administrative tools around the stack
- Maintain the security of our tech-stack
- Recover from network/hardware failures
- Contribute to the integrations core library
- Handle any integration problems or issues as they arise
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience writing Java code with exposure to Node.js
- Proficiency in using 3rd-party APIs and SDKs
- Proficiency in open source frameworks and libraries (e.g. Dockers, Queues, NoSQL, Caches, and Load Balancers)
- Proficiency in Git
- Proficiency in Unix-based systems
- Good understanding of networking protocols and stacks (http/ssh/ssl)
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, clients, and vendors
- Worked with data collection and analytics APIs
- Thorough knowledge of the data analytics space and benefits of understanding the end-to-end customer journey in analytics
At the core of Software Engineering:
· Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
· Agile Practices, Porting/Software Configuration, Programming Languages and Frameworks, Business Analysis, Analytical Thinking, Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2018, 11:09:59 PM