American Express Careers
Manager, U.S. Communications
The Manager, U.S. Communications will be a member of the Global Brand Communications & Engagement team, reporting to the Director, U.S. Communications within the GABM (Global Advertising and Brand Management) team at American Express.
The GABM organization has a mission to create marketplace demand and drive commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative products, partnerships, marketing, and customer experiences. GABM’s ultimate vision is to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500.
This role will support execution and deployment of advertising and integrated marketing communications for the American Express Brand, and B2C/B2B business units in the U.S. The B35 will be a subject matter expert in the areas of advertising, marketing, and brand and will be responsible for supporting the B40 in crafting and executing breakthrough communications and driving innovation.
The role will entail working in a flexible team structure across multiple initiatives across business units partnering closely with the Global Brand Communications and Global Product Communications teams as well as the Global Social Content team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of creative assets for the US market both through adaptation of centrally created assets as well as net new development for the American Express brand, Consumer and B2B (Corporate and Merchant) business units
- Support development of clear messaging architectures and frameworks to ensure US communications deliver against our brand strategy
- Leverage customer insights to direct, evaluate, and adjust creative campaign elements to achieve better business outcomes
- Partner with GABM’s Global Brand Management & Planning, Media team, and agency partners as needed in development of 360 communication plans
- Effectively collaborate with agency partners and inspire best in class creative
The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of marketing experience and a proven track record of developing and executing 360 communications. Ideal candidate is a creative and innovative thinker, recognized as being solutions-oriented and a collaborative team player. Specific qualifications:
- Subject matter expert – Brand, Marketing and 360 Communications expertise with substantial expertise in delivering marketing communications to B2C & B2C audiences
- Customer-centric thinker
- Strong creative instincts and judgment – proven ability to inspire and galvanize agency partners to deliver breakthrough creative solutions
- Collaborative mindset, curiosity and resiliency, with a sense of humor and passion to deliver best in class marketing in fast paced work environment
- Excellent relationship management skills - proven ability to build and strengthen relationships across all levels of management and across a multi-cultural environment
- Proven ability to effectively drive results
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2018, 1:34:29 PM