There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) is the merchant network of American Express which acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the world that welcome American Express cards.
We are now recruiting for a GMNS B2B Acquisition Manager for new business partnerships to join the Australia B2B Managed team. In this role, you will be working across multiple industries to secure large acquisition opportunities.
Working across a pipeline of key prospects, you will be responsible for building, developing and penetrating a sales pipeline of opportunities to achieve new Booked Charge Volume and Revenue & Discount Rate targets. In addition, driving innovative opportunities which drive incremental growth.
The successful applicant will be able to develop and deliver unique sales strategies, leveraging financial acumen combined with merchant and industry value propositions to secure American Express acceptance across mid and large segments across all industries. The successful applicant will be required to successfully engage and negotiate with key business partners, senior business leaders whilst navigating multiple internal stakeholders to improve sales cycles.
• Promote innovative thinking to challenge the status quo to achieve incremental growth
• Penetrate sales pipeline of key holdout merchants across multiple industries.
• Demonstrate consultative selling techniques and create materials to clearly articulate the American Express value to prospective merchants.
• Negotiate compelling commercial terms demonstrating B2B value with prospective merchants, typically with C-Suite executives including CEO, CFO, Finance and General Management.
• Understand and working capital/risk pricing model from both a merchant and card member perspective.
• Facilitate the set up of merchant facilities through direct interaction with payments consulting teams, as well as prospective merchant credit operations and accounts receivable teams.
• Collaborate with American Express Issuers to secure and deliver robust marketing and Card Member engagement strategies that drive spend within newly acquired merchants.
• Build and foster internal relationships with American Express Risk, Compliance, Pricing and General Counsel teams, as well as other internal American Express colleagues.
• 8+ years’ experience in sales and business development. • Strong knowledge of or the ability to learn the merchant and card payments business. • Proven track record of senior selling experience in complex services solutions, with direct sales experience in a B2B environment. • Strong financial and commercial acumen (understanding of cash flow, P&L) and have the ability to have a confident discussion in relation to interchange and merchant fees. • Excellent negotiation, relationship building and communication skills, with proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders. • Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies and pipeline management • Ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to prospects to C Level Executives at a minimum
Please note, these roles can be based in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Tags: Sales ReqID: 18016899 Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018, 7:38:16 PM
US Job Seekers: If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position
you may contact us by clicking here or call our US Toll-free number at 1-855-297-7327.
Anonymized data is stored for redirects to the career site tracking successful searches leading to job applications in effort to measure effectiveness of partners in sourcing job candidates and job searches. We request use of anonymized data to improve your experience on our site.