American Express Careers
Travel Consultant (overnight shift)
Why American Express?
- responsible for providing exceptional travel and value added services to American Express Premium Card members, ensuring Card members’ needs are met and attend to with the highest level of professionalism
- To assist Premium Card members in fulfilling their travel requirements and requests with suitable travel itineraries and associated travel information.
- The incumbent will also provide travel advice such as visa requirements, health checks and other travel related information together with complete, accurate and professionally presented travel documentation.
- Meet and exceed travel sales and revenue targets and department’s call servicing levels while providing exceptional customer service.
- Work closely with the outsourced suppliers or Amex establishment to ensure complete and accurate processing of travel documents, as well as following the processes and procedures in place. This include billing the correct amount to the correct account, claiming of correct commission / documentation fees, accurate quotation / issuance of Airline Privilege deals and managing daily Abacus queues.
- Build professional relationships and rapport with our Premium Card members in order to deliver personalized customer experience
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Travel Industry Experience (Minimum 2 years with excellent knowledge of fares, ticketing and reservations)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin), with the ability to communicate effectively with the affluent and high net worth Card members and represent American Express in a positive manner.
- Strong knowledge of travel GDS systems.
- Excellent destination information with a passion for leisure travel product knowledge. In particular knowledge of up-market hotels and tour suppliers within the premium brand segment.
- Excellent customer experience mindset with strong customer service, interaction and interpersonal skills and a passion to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to be proactive while making recommendations to Card members.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to a strong teamwork environment.
- Willing to work at night shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and the Internet.
- A pleasing personality with the ability to instill confidence in customers and colleagues.
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft office platforms, such as Microsoft Excel, Word.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 9, 2019, 9:23:22 PM