American Express Careers
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
Responsible for providing transformational integration support across multiple Technology and/or Company Platforms, providing consultation by leveraging business and technical knowledge to support business strategies and deliver business outcomes. Works with Business Architects, Data Architects and Technology Platform owners to ensure strategic alignment to Platform Blueprint roadmaps and enterprise standards.
- Ensures Technology Platform solutions are aligned with the corresponding Platform Blueprint and Company Platform roadmaps; may be called on to be the Technology Platform Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
- Focuses on cross-platform integration to leverage and optimize platform capabilities
- Ensures the engineered environment meets the specification in terms of business requirements, application design and infrastructure requirements, i.e. accountable for the platform integration performance and efficiency
- Performs hands-on solution architecture design work and actively participates in design and code reviews to ensure both delivery of desired business outcomes and alignment to enterprise standards
- Provides input and functional direction to the Technology Platform’s API strategy and implementation roadmap
- Works with Business and Data Architects to align and incorporate their input into platform solutions
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring engineering resources on solution architecture, providing advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required
- Identifies technical solutions and business process improvements in support of the business and IT strategic direction
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Interacts with business partners and product engineering teams to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery
- Provides architectural governance, reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural and technical strategy by driving Technology Platform to Platform Architecture Review (PAR) approval level
- Advises product delivery resources on the best time to engage dependent teams (for example, database engineering teams)
- Ensures accurate asset information is documented and recorded in the appropriate repositories for the assigned portfolio
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 4-5 years of hands-on programming experience relevant to the assigned Technology Platform in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Advanced hands-on experience with application solution architecture design and end-to-end software development of complex distributed (multi-tiered) systems
- Prior experience in multiple IT disciplines with a proven understanding of architectural concepts (business, data, technical and solution) and track record of implementation
- Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology that is applicable to an agile product environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field required; advanced degree preferred
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2018, 9:10:18 PM