American Express Careers
Snr Mgr – Industry Engagement & Regulation
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
- Business impact assessment of new regulation on the GNO organization, driving clarity on interpretation and definition of requirements.
- Developing the strategic approach for regulatory impacts to GNO, by working with experts across GNO and the American Express enterprise.
- Provide input on behalf of the Network to regulatory consultations on proposed regulation.
- Act as point of contact for Compliance/General Counsel’s Organization (GCO) for ad hoc enquiries from regulators, coordinating GNO input to responses which are tailored according to the context and strategically aligned and communicated internally.
- Represent American Express in key industry forums.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills with the ability to work with different areas of the organization and influence without direct authority to drive results.
- Proactive and results oriented outlook, combining strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in verbal and written communication, with a broad range of stakeholders of varying seniority.
- Strong knowledge of the card payments industry.
- Ability to navigate in complex and ambiguous environments to achieve results.
- Ability to work at both a detailed and conceptual level.
- Flexibility and willingness to work with a global team across time zones.
- Broad knowledge of American Express business and processes, in particular payment network knowledge, an advantage.
- Understanding of the regulatory and control environment is an advantage.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2018, 9:15:40 AM