American Express Careers
Lead Non-Payment Crypto Security Architect
- Provide holistic design and architecture for non-payment cryptographic systems.
- Close partnership with the Director of Non-Payment Crypto Solutions to provide strategic direction, roadmaps and transformational opportunities for the non-payment crypto portfolio.
- Design and oversee security patterns and solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across one or more platforms.
- Significant contribution to setting technology direction, development of architecture and influence in implementation.
- Responsibility for leading parallel efforts and delivering high quality crypto/security engineering solutions on time.
- Ability to identify potential weaknesses and design strategic solutions to reduce risk
- Interact with leaders, engineers and business partners to understand their objectives
- Extend business product innovation through the adoption and implementation of technology
- Supervision of 1-2 crypto architects
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of cryptographic solutions in a diverse and global environment
- Recent hands-on experience with cryptography technologies involving software and hardware integration and implementation, e.g. hardware security modules, trusted platform modules, authentication and encryption protocols, 3rd party crypto tools, PKI, PKIX, PKCS, key management and in-depth understanding of cryptography.
- Knowledge and understanding of applied cryptography in the field of Information Security including industry best practices
- Ability to provide hands-on design, solutions and support to technical project teams.
- Expertise in designing and implementing scalable solution architectures that perform at a global enterprise scale
- Able to effectively explain and communicate complex technological problems and solutions in easy to understand business language
- Routinely introduces new and impactful technologies based on research, POC efforts and independent investigation
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2018, 2:45:40 PM