American Express Careers
Director - Finance Technology and Innovation
- Roadmap and deliver ongoing product life-cycles, internal go-to-market strategies, and adoption to deliver high-quality value-generating solutions against the company’s strategic investment themes while providing key stakeholders with an exemplary experience that strengthens our product portfolio, strategy, and brand.
- Develop and execute against product frameworks for governance, capacity prioritization, life-cycle management, value creation, performance, change management, innovation, and adoption
- Lead, develop, inspire, and coach individuals and teams though day-to-day program activity, Agile processes, and longer-term change management.
- Build, collaborate with, and align key relationships across multiple areas including finance, technology, data governance, centers of excellence, and business units
- Operationalize our agile environment including build-out of product ingestion, prioritization, and business case advisement
- Help teams manage to capacity and track results
- Guide teams through agile hierarchy that links roadmaps and products to Themes / Epics / Capabilities
- Guide and link our frameworks with a larger corporate data strategy
- Articulate and aggregate matrixing roadmaps across functions and domains
- Manage and reimagine the stakeholder experience of the products while building our brand through outstanding delivery and using highly polished executive communication skills
- Develop KPIs and ensure successful outcomes by facilitating scope, managing customer expectations, monitoring day-to-day execution and ensuring the program is on schedule and within budget.
- Partner with product teams and Technologies to deliver accurate and impactful reporting for program steering committees (up to and including the CFO and CIO levels).
- Support the creation and ongoing socialization of both an executive-level and management-level rolling 3-year product roadmap
- Work with program leadership to identify and manage complex cross-product dependencies
- Develop, deliver and maintain robust, product management documentation
- Develop and track quantified metrics against strategic plans.
- Oversee multiple product initiatives concurrently
- Facilitate and maintain integrated product plans, weekly reporting of program and product status, identification and escalation of program risks.
- Execute and work independently in a self-directed manner while operating and collaborating within a larger team environment - navigate through competing priorities with urgency, agility and flexibility
- Negotiate and influence for optimal outcomes across many competing stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong, positive working relationships at all functional levels
- Brings an existing network of internal and external contacts to support a leading-edge pan-finance technology point of view
- Trained in Continuous Process Improvement as well as experience leading teams through the process
- Ideation and Design Thinking training and experience, along with working in an innovation environment that includes guidance and delivery of Minimum Viable Products, Minimum Marketable Products, Proofs of Concept, and an innovation pipeline.
- Strong proficiency in Agile/SAFe methodology and experience guiding agile planning and implementation at the product owner, portfolio, and business owner levels
- Strong proficiency of underlying internal finance programs, processes, and technology
- Deep understanding of the external Finance Technology landscape and industry trends with understanding of their implications for AXP
- Advanced degree, MBA desired
- Technology certifications
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2018, 10:51:23 AM